September Family Paw Print
Annual Fall Fundraiser
We are so excited that the Fall Fundraiser is off to such a strong start! After our kickoff on Tuesday afternoon, our students have been busy selling all kinds of amazing products from Big Kahuna. In addition to the innovative kitchen items, pre-portioned cookie dough, reversible wrapping paper, tumblers, and so many other treasures that can be found in the brand new Holiday Classics brochure that was sent home, please remember to check out the online sales options to see over 500 additional products that are also included in our fundraising efforts.
With every item sold, students are eligible to win all kinds of fun prizes, ranging from “Stackimals” lanyards to a Limo Ride with a Pizza Party! We also want to point out a special opportunity for our Husky families this year. Families can choose to participate in a “Family Plan” in which all orders within a family are placed on 1 order form. When the family as a whole (not each child) sells at least 20 items, ALL of the Centennial students in that family will be eligible to participate in the limo ride and pizza party. (If you choose the Family Plan, please remember that siblings must share the other individual prizes.)
Remember that our ultimate goal is to raise at least $25,000 so that we can support the wonderful things happening at Centennial Elementary. Every student and staff member will benefit from this fundraiser, so we need your help to make our big dreams for our school a reality!
• “Stackimals” Lanyard Prizes will be handed out on September 1st, 5th, 8th, and 12th – 8:40-9:00 a.m.
• Fundraiser Order Forms and Money must be turned in by Tuesday, September 12th
• Limo Ride/Pizza Party AND Product/Prize Pick up will be on Thursday, October 19th
First PTO Meeting of the Year With a Free Dinner From Chick-fil-A
Whether you are brand new to Centennial or you have been a valued part of our Husky family for many years, we invite everyone to come to our first PTO Meeting of the year, which will be held on Tuesday, September 12th. As a special treat, our wonderful partners at Chick-fil-A in Longmont will be providing a FREE dinner for our Husky families at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. Following dinner, the PTO General Meeting will take place from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the library. Childcare will be provided for ages 3 and up during the meeting. To ensure that we have enough food and childcare volunteers available, we ask that you please R.S.V.P. by Thursday, September 7th via the pink handout that went home and can be returned to your oldest Centennial student’s classroom teacher or online at http://tinyurl.com/Chick-fil-ADinnerPTO. If you are unable to come for dinner, but you still want to attend the meeting, please just show up in the library at 6:30 p.m. We look forward to seeing you there!
Volunteer Interest Forms – Thank you so much to everyone who completed and returned the PTO Volunteer Interest Form. If you have not done so yet, it is not too late to turn in the form or complete the online version on our website at www.ptocentennial.com/volunteer. We look forward to helping everyone get plugged in with volunteering! Fall Conference Meals – One way that our organization strives to support our teachers is through providing meals during the week of Teacher Conferences. Fall conferences are coming up October 9th – 11th, so please keep your eyes open for a Sign-Up Genius invitation to participate and provide some delicious food for our incredible staff members.
Remember: Fridays are Spirit Days! Show off your school pride by wearing Husky spirit wear or our school colors every Friday this school year! New spirit wear will be available for purchase soon, so stay tuned!
We have an amazing staff at Centennial, and to help you get to know them better, we have requested a list of some of their favorite things, ranging from snacks to stores to classroom supply wishes. A binder with this information is available in the front office for you to view any time you wish. Additionally, this information can be found online on our web site at www.ptocentennial.com/our-staff/staff-favorites. We hope this helps you find ways to connect with, encourage, and support all of the wonderful people who daily invest in our children!
Ongoing Fundraising Opportunities
We have several opportunities available for families to help us raise money by doing and buying things that are already a natural part of our lives. All of the following fundraisers are easy ways for you to help us raise money for our school and achieve our goals. There’s not a limit as to how much we can raise by shopping, collecting, and dining out. Very little effort can equal a very big impact! Remember to ask your extended family and friends both near and far to help you out with these simple money makers. Everyone’s participation makes a difference!
- Box Tops for Education (Worth 10 cents each!) – Thank you so much to everyone who participated in our Back-to-School Box Tops contest! We are looking forward to announcing our prize winners very soon! Please remember to keep clipping and collecting those Box Tops all year long. We have several more contests ahead!
- Longmont Dairy Milk Caps (Worth 5 cents each!) – Remember to keep bringing in clean, dry milk caps from Longmont Dairy glass bottles. There is a designated collection container at the entrance of the school. Thank you for collecting these milk caps for “Moolah!”
- King Soopers Reloadable Gift Cards – For every purchase you make using the card, our school receives 5% back! Purchasing groceries and gas are just a part of life, so we are encouraging all Husky families to use a Centennial PTO King Soopers Reloadable Gift Card. This card is separate from, but can be used in conjunction with your regular store savings card. When used, the store donates 5% of your bill back to us every time! There is huge potential for what this can mean to our school! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information about how you can get your own FREE family card.
- Restaurant Spirit Events – Throughout the school year, the PTO will host spirit events at local restaurants. These restaurants are generous enough to donate a percentage of their proceeds from Centennial families back to the school. You have to eat anyway, so this is a great opportunity to let someone else cook dinner, enjoy the company of fellow Husky families, and help us raise money for our school. We are currently setting up dates for fall restaurant spirit events, so stay tuned for more information soon!
• Labor Day, No School – 9/4
• September Late Start – 9/6
• September PTO Meeting – 9/12 (Please RSVP for the Dinner at 6:00 p.m. The Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m.)
• Picture Day – 9/13
• October PTO Meeting – 10/3
• October Late Start – 10/4
“How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it.”
– George Elliston