March Family Paw Print
KING SOOPERS RELOADABLE GIFT CARDS
We are so thankful that so many of you have requested and are using your Centennial Elementary PTO King Soopers Reloadable Gift Cards! If you are a regular King Soopers shopper, you need to make sure that you have this special card linked to our school. This card is different from, but can easily be used in conjunction with, the King Soopers savings card provided by the store. It is a FREE gift from the PTO that comes preloaded with $2.50 just to get you started. All we ask is that you use it every time you shop at King Soopers to purchase groceries and/or gas. The process to use it is very easy, and, for every purchase made using the card, our school receives 5% back! This is adding up to a great deal of money coming back to our school, over $2,100 so far this year, simply by Husky families shopping as they normally do. Our goal is to receive at least $2,500 back from King Soopers this school year, and we need your help to get there. If you need more information or you need to get your hands on one of these cards, please stop by the office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for supporting our school through this easy free money program!
Save the Date: Family Fun Night 2017
With May in the not-so-distant future, plans are being made for our traditional year-end celebration, Family Fun Night! This year the event will be held on Friday, May 4th, from 6-8 p.m. This year’s carnival will include many of the favorite foods and activities that our families have grown to love over the years. More information will be heading your way about the event, but we wanted to give you a heads up now so that you can make plans to attend this fun family experience!
At this time, are asking that you please consider supporting Family Fun Night in one or both of the following ways:
- Donations – Do you have a connection to a business or do you own a business (home-based or otherwise) that you would like to promote at Family Fun Night? The PTO is seeking out donations of products, services, and/or gift cards from various businesses that would like to be included in the evening’s special prize drawings. As a perk, all donations made are tax-deductible, and it is a great, easy way to showcase a business to our Husky families. We are kindly asking that all donations be turned in to the PTO by Friday, April 20th. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions, ideas, and/or donations that you might have.
- Volunteering Time – Whether it is serving food, running a game, or overseeing an activity, we will need plenty of “hands on deck” to help make Family Fun Night happen. If you can spare some of your time to bring a smile to the faces of your fellow Husky families, we would love to have you join us as a volunteer. Your efforts will also be rewarded with an entry into special “volunteer only” drawings for every shift you serve that night. Be on the lookout for online sign ups so that you can take advantage of this fun way to serve and also possibly win a great prize!
Thank you to everyone who provided food for the staff meals and fulfilled teacher wishes during Parent Teacher Conferences in February! All of your donations were greatly enjoyed and appreciated!
Upcoming PTO Meetings: “Grants in Action” and PTO Board Election
Last month, we kicked off our “Grants in Action” speaker series. We are excited to continue to have several of Centennial’s very own amazing teachers and staff members serve as our guest presenters during the next three PTO Meetings. In March, we are thrilled to have one of our first-grade teachers, Mrs. Ernst, share the positive impact that PTO grant money is having on her classroom and students. Throughout this series, we invite you to come and support these incredible professionals as they share a taste of all of the great teaching and learning going on at our school.
Additionally, if you have an interest in possibly serving on the PTO Board for the 2018-2019 school year, our March meeting is the perfect time to get the inside scoop on what these roles entail and ask any questions that you might have about serving in this capacity. The election to fill available positions on the board will take place in May.
As a reminder, our general meetings now take place in the Innovation Lab, and free childcare is provided for ages 3 and up in the library. We start at 6:30 p.m. and strive to keep our meetings only an hour in length. We look forward to seeing you there!
Ongoing Fundraising Opportunities
Box Tops for Education – Worth 10 cents each!
Wow! The Winter Box Tops contest brought in over $400 for our school! Congratulations to all of these grade level class winners who will receive a special prize for their efforts:
- Kindergarten – Mrs. Couch
- 1st Grade – Miss Adams
- 2nd Grade – Mrs. Petersen
- 3rd Grade – Ms. Gallagher/Mrs. Everett
- 4th Grade – Mrs. Nelson
- 5th Grade – Mrs. Spong
Please continue to send in Box Tops for the remainder of the year. Information about our last contest for the school year will be heading your way soon. Thank you for your amazing support of this easy and important way to raise money for our school!
Longmont Dairy Milk Caps – Worth 5 cents each!
Restaurant Spirit Events:
Thanks to the incredible participation of our Husky families, our restaurant spirit nights have been a huge success this year! At our recent events, we were able to raise $876.30 at the Longmont Chick-fil-A in January and $300 from the Firestone Zoup! Restaurant in February! These funds enable us to go above and beyond in providing support to our school, and we thank you so very much for taking part in these special nights.
Upcoming Restaurant Spirit Event:
Panera in Longmont
March 21st, 4-8 p.m.
- March PTO Meeting – 3/6
- Panera Restaurant Spirit Event – 3/21
- Spring Break – 3/26-3/30
- SAVE THE DATE: Family Fun Night – 5/4, 6-8 p.m.
- SAVE THE DATES: Staff Appreciation Week – 5/7-5/11. More details to come . . .
“One of the greatest secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.” – Lewis Carroll