May Paw Print
Family Fun Night!
Centennial’s traditional year-end celebration, Family Fun Night, is coming up next week on Friday, May 12th, from 6-8 p.m. Whether this will be your family’s first time to attend this special event or you have been coming for years, we look forward to enjoying Family Fun Night with you! So, what can you expect at this year’s event?
- Games and Activities (Unlimited Play Wristbands will be available for $10 each) – This year, we will have a bounce house, an inflatable obstacle course, balloon art, a photo booth, a temporary tattoo station, a ring toss, a lollipop tree, mini golf, and many more fun activities. There’s even a good chance that our local firefighters will make a stop at Centennial to show off their fire truck!
- Food ($1 per ticket) – Food items available for 1 ticket each include: Blackjack Pizza, hotdogs, popcorn, chips, nachos, drinks, cotton candy, and cold treats from Hau’oki Shave Ice!
- Prize Drawings ($1 per ticket) – Use each prize drawing ticket you purchase to enter into various individual drawings for a variety of gift cards, products, and experiences that have been donated by wonderful businesses and PTO partners. These incredible sponsors include:
- Bed, Bath, & Beyond
- Colorado History Museum
- Comedy Works
- Cozy Barn Signs
- Dizzy’s Family Fun Center
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop
- Java Mama
- Jenny’s Market
- LuLaRoe – Leslie Berger
- Little Monkey Bizness
- The Lodge Casino
- Thirty-One Gifts – Coleen Campbell
- Up With People, Jr.
- Wild Tree – Debra Jackson
- Wow! Children’s Museum
- Young Living Oils – Hillery Gedeon
- 2nd Grade Team
- And More!
- Presale and On Site Purchases – For those of you who took advantage of our presale purchase opportunity, your tickets and wristbands will be waiting for you at the “Will Call” table on the night of the event. Food and Prize Drawing Tickets, as well as Unlimited Play Wristbands, will be available for purchase on site for the prices indicated.
Family Fun Night Volunteers Needed!
Family Fun Night is our biggest PTO event of the year, and we need YOU to make it happen! We are so thankful for all of the Husky staff members and families who have already signed up to help with Family Fun Night, but we still need several more people to help out with one of the shifts at the evening’s festivities, which enables everyone to have the opportunity to enjoy half of the event with their families, too. Our goal is to have all of the game volunteers signed up by no later than Monday, May 8th. Remember, as an added bonus, with each shift you serve, your name will be entered into special volunteer-only drawings! Please go to www.ptocentennial.com/family-fun-night-volunteer-sign-up to find the link to the Family Fun Night Volunteer Sign Ups. We are hopeful that we can come together to make this end-of-year celebration the best one yet!
Award Winning Husky Families! Staff Appreciation Week 2017
Wow! Thank you so much to everyone who helped to roll out the red carpet in honor of our very special teachers and staff at Centennial Elementary during Staff Appreciation Week. All of your food donations and various means of support created a star-studded celebration of our amazing all-star cast! All of the teachers and staff members thoroughly enjoyed all of the week’s festivities, gifts, and special expressions of appreciation. Thank you for your partnership in making Staff Appreciation week so very special!
May General PTO Meeting
Our last general PTO Meeting of the year will take place on Tuesday, May 9th, at 6:30 p.m. As we conclude our “Grants in Action” speaker series, our final guest presenters will include two of our amazing first-grade teachers, Mrs. Spendlow and Mr. McNeely. Both teachers received PTO grant money this year, and we look forward to hearing about how their new resources are having a positive impact on learning in their classrooms.
Additionally, as we wrap up the year, we will be holding an election for a co-secretary board position that is opening up as well as discussing other PTO leadership and service opportunities for the 2017-2018 school year.
Please note that the May meeting will take place in Mrs. Spendlow’s 1st Grade Classroom (Room 311 in the Blue Pod). As always, free childcare is provided for children ages 3 and up, and we strive to keep our meetings only an hour in length. We hope to see you there!
- Centennial Elementary opened in the fall of 2008.
- There are currently 651 students enrolled at the school.
- There are 62 teachers and staff members at Centennial Elementary who make school a special experience for our kids every day.
- Official School Colors:Hunter Green, Silver, and Black
- School Mascot: Husky
Ongoing Fundraising Opportunities
Even with the school year coming to an end, we encourage you to keep participating in these “Free Money” Fundraisers.
Box Tops for Education – Worth 10 cents each!
Now that the final contest of the year has concluded, we will soon be awarding an ice cream party to each top grade level class winner!
King Soopers Reloadable Gift Cards
For every purchase you make using the card, our school receives 5% back!
Longmont Dairy Milk Caps
Worth 5 cents each!
- Deadline to sign up as a Family Fun Night Volunteer – 5/8
- May PTO Meeting – 5/9, 6:30 p.m.
- Family Fun Night – 5/12, 6-8 p.m.